Children and Young People with SEND  0-25 Years of age

Help to obtain support and provision (including early years, school and college placements) for the full range of children and young people who have or who are entitled to an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) who can be from 0 - 25 years of age.


Education, Health and Care Needs Assessments and Plans

Help with the whole process of obtaining an effective Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) for your child; including:


Requesting an Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment (EHCNA) from your Local Authority


Ensuring that the EHCNA is properly carried out and that the appropriate professionals provide the necessary advice and information


Ensuring that the Education, Health and Care Plan reflects the EHCNA, is legally enforceable and is issued according to the statutory timescales


Annual Reviews and Phase Transfer Reviews

Help to prepare for important annual and other reviews and in particular those which anticipate a change in placement. This might be because the current setting is not meeting your child’s needs or because your child is about to transfer between phases of education. Groundwork can be laid and early preparations made to avoid or overcome a potential dispute with the Local Authority, especially if you wish your child to be placed (or remain) in a specialist independent or residential school or college. 


Transfers of EHCPs between Local Authorities

Help and advice to maximise your chances that your new Local Authority will agree to the placement you want when you move house.


Mediation and Appeals to the SEND Tribunal

Help with preparations for and attendance at Mediation meetings to challenge the contents of your child’s EHCP or the refusal by the Local Authority to conduct an EHCNA or agree to issue an EHCP once an EHCNA has been carried out.


Assistance with commissioning independent expert reports (e.g from an Educational Psychologist, Speech and Language Therapist, or Occupational Therapist) in anticipation of a dispute with the Local Authority.


Full conduct of your appeal to the SEND Tribunal including reviewing all of your paperwork, preparing grounds of appeal, registering the appeal, day to day management of the case; dealing with the Tribunal, the Local Authority, and your witnesses, negotiating the working document; and after the Local Authority has conceded or the Tribunal has delivered its judgment, ensuring that the consent order or Tribunal decision is complied with by the Local Authority


In complex cases, where the Local Authority has not conceded or settled during the course of the appeal, instruction of a specialist Education Law Barrister to represent you at the hearing.


Disability Discrimination in Schools

Please ring to discuss how we can help if you feel that your child has been subject to disability discrimination at school.



We can quote a capped fee for a particular matter and will keep to that arrangement until it is completed, no matter how much work is involved. Hourly rates are competitive in themselves, but capped fee arrangements are likely to result in a significant discount. We take the risk that a matter will be complex and time-consuming so that you don’t have to worry about escalating costs.


We charge nothing for a preliminary telephone consultation when we will either quote a fee or ask you to provide further information or documentation to enable us to do so. 

Need more details? Contact us

We are here to help. Contact us by phone on 020 8871 0180 or email us by clicking the button.


Julie Eveleigh Solicitors do not hold a Legal Aid Contract and so cannot obtain funding for your case. For further information about scope and eligibility or finding a Legal Aid lawyer, contact the Civil Legal Advice helpline (0345 345 4345), the Law Society (020 7320 5650), or the Government’s website